Last Updated: June 29, 2022
Your privacy is important to us at Journal My Health, Inc. (“Journal My Health,” “we,” “us,” or “our”), and we are committed to safeguarding, preserving, and respecting your privacy rights. This online privacy statement (the “Statement” or “Policy”) describes how we collect, use, disclose, and the security of the personal information we gather about you through our Website, https://www.journalmyhealth.com/, or our Platform (together, the “Services”).
For purposes of this Statement, personal information means data that classifies as personal information, personal data, personally identifiable information, or similar terms under applicable data privacy and security laws and regulations. It does not include data excluded or exempted from those laws and regulations. Nothing in this Statement will constitute an admission or evidence that any particular data privacy or information security law or regulation applies to Journal My Health generally or in any specific context.
Our Services are used at times by third parties in connection with the services they provide to their employees or others. This Policy does not apply to how third parties may collect and process personal information, and you should consult their applicable privacy policies and terms.
You Consent to This Statement
You should read this Statement carefully. We recommend printing and retaining a copy for your future reference. By accessing, browsing, or otherwise using the Services, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed with this Statement. If you do not agree to this Statement, you may not use the Services.
This Statement applies regardless of how the Services are accessed and will cover any technologies or devices by which we make the Services available to you.
We may provide you with additional privacy notices where we believe it is appropriate to do so. It is important that you read this Statement together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions, so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This Statement supplements these other notices and is not intended to override them.
If you have any questions or concerns about our personal information policies or practices, you can contact us in the methods described in the “Contact Us” section below.
The Information We Collect
Information You Provide
- Creating an Account. If you create an account with us, we collect information such as your name, email address, and mobile phone number.
- Completing Forms on Our Services. If you request to receive information, participate in a survey, or fill out any forms on our Services, we may ask you to provide information such as your name, email address, symptoms you wish to track, medications and treatment plans you wish to track, working diagnoses or chronic conditions for which you are tracking, menstrual cycle information you wish to track, information about your general well-being and stress level, and sleep information. As noted below, we may combine this with other information, such as weather statistics, that we receive from third parties.
- When You Use our Platform. If you use our Platform, we may collect certain analytical information as outlined below. You may also input various information relating to symptoms you wish to track, medications and treatment plans you wish to track, working diagnoses or chronic conditions for which you are tracking, menstrual cycle information you wish to track, information about your general well-being and stress level, and sleep information.
- When You Contact Us. If you send us an email or otherwise contact us, we will collect your email address and any information that you provide in the email.
- Social Media. If you interact with our Services by sharing on a blog or social media platform, we may collect information that you post. Please note that your content, comments, and username will be visible to the public, so you should never share personal information that you would like to keep private.
- Job Applications and Employment. If you apply for a job with or are employed or contracted by us, we will collect various pieces of information about you.
Information That We Collect About You
We do not collect personal information about you from third parties, but we may combine your personal information with non-personal information collected from third parties. For example, we may receive information relating to the weather in your location, which we then combine with your personal information.
Information We Collect as You Navigate Our Site
We automatically collect certain information as you use the Services, such as the following:
- Usage Information. We may collect information automatically through your use of the Services, such as which of the pages on the Services you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on our Services.
- Device Information. We may collect information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, and IP addresses.
- Mobile Device Information. When you access our Services via a browser on your mobile device, we may also collect mobile network information, including telephone number, the unique device identifier assigned to that device, mobile carrier, operating system, and other device attributes.
- Location Information. We may collect information about your actual location which may be determined from GPS and other sensors that may reveal information on or nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers.
How Do We Use “Cookies” and Other Tracking Technologies?
We may send one or more Cookies to your computer or other device. We may also use other similar technologies such as tracking pixels, tags, or similar tools when you visit our Services. These technologies can collect data regarding your operating system, browser type, device type, screen resolution, IP address, and other technical information, as well as navigation events and session information as you interact with our Services. This information allows us to understand how you use the Services.
What Are Cookies?
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual needs;
- Contact you to provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- Advertise new content, events, and services that relate to your interests;
- Provide you with more personalized content that is most relevant to your interest areas; and
- Recognize when you return to our Services.
We set some Cookies ourselves and others are set by third parties. You can manage your Cookies preference as described in the “Managing Your Cookies” section below.
What Types of Cookies Do We Use and Why?
These are the different types of Cookies that we and our service providers use on the Services:
- Essential Cookies. These Cookies are required for the operation of the Services and enable you to move around the Services and use its features. Disabling these Cookies can negatively impact the performance of Services.
- Analytics, Performance and Research Cookies. These Cookies allow us to analyze activities on the Services. They can be used to improve the functioning of the Services. For example, these Cookies recognize and count the number of visitors and see how they move around the Services. Analytics Cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns to help us improve them and to optimize the content on the Services for those who engage with our advertising.
- Functionality Cookies. These Cookies are used to recognize you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalize content for you and remember your preferences.
- Social Networking Cookies. These Cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Services through third-party social networking and other websites. These Cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.
How Long Do Cookies Stay on My Device?
Some Cookies operate from the time you visit the Services until the end of that particular browsing session. These Cookies, which are called “session cookies,” expire and are automatically deleted when you close your Internet browser.
Some Cookies will stay on your device between browsing sessions and will not expire or automatically delete when you close your Internet browser. These Cookies are called “persistent cookies” and the length of time they will remain on your device will vary from Cookie to Cookie. Persistent Cookies are used for a number of purposes, such as storing your preferences so that they are available for your next visit and to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit the Services, how your use of the Services may change over time, and the effectiveness of advertising efforts.
Managing Your Cookies
It may be possible to block Cookies by changing your Internet browser settings to refuse all or some Cookies. If you choose to block all Cookies (including essential Cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of the Services.
You can find out more about Cookies and how to manage them by visiting www.AboutCookies.org.
App Store Analytics
Does the Site Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals?
There is currently no industry agreed-upon response to a Do Not Track signal. At this time, our Site does not respond differently based on a user’s Do Not Track signal.
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information we collect about you or that you provide to us in the following ways:
- To present our Services and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and your device;
- To contact you to provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- To build profiles of the users of our Platform;
- To advertise opportunities, services, or special events that we think may be of interest to you;
- To provide customer support, troubleshoot issues, manage accounts, and respond to requests, questions, or comments;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts; and
- To notify you about any additions, upgrades, or changes in our services
How We Share Personal Information
Access and use by third-party service providers:
From time to time, Journal My Health enters into arrangements with companies whose expertise is essential for our own services to function properly. We disclose to these service providers only such personal information as is reasonably necessary to perform these functions, and any such third parties will be under an obligation to us to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information.
For legal purposes:
Journal My Health reserves the right to cooperate with local, provincial, state, federal and international officials in any investigation requiring either personal information or reports about lawful of unlawful user activity on this site. We also reserve the right to share your personal information to establish, exercise, or defend our legal and property rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention. We may also share your personal information with any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
If Journal My Health is ordered by a legal process or government to provide data about one or more individual users, we will notify those users of our compliance with that order, to the extent permitted by law.
Business transactions or mergers:
Journal My Health reserves the right to share your personal information to third parties as part of any potential business or asset sale, merger, acquisition, investment, round of funding, or similar type of transaction.
Bankruptcy or insolvency:
In the event of bankruptcy, insolvency, or dissolution proceedings, we may share your personal information with third parties as part of the sale or reorganization process.
Advertising and Marketing Choice
We respect your rights in how your personal information is used and shared. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org as well as follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence. Please note, however, that we may still need to contact you regarding other matters.
Where Your Personal Information is Held
Journal My Health processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America, and may do so in other countries. By using the Website, you freely and specifically give us your consent to process your personal information in the United States. Data protection laws vary from country to country, however, we will process your information in accordance with this Statement no matter where your data is stored. Journal My Health will comply with all applicable data protection laws, including any applicable laws governing the transfer of data cross international borders.
How Long Is Your Personal Information Kept
We will retain your personal information until the personal information is no longer necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was provided. We may retain your personal information for longer periods for specific purposes to the extent that we are obliged to do so in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, to protect you, other people, and us from fraud, abuse, an unauthorized access, as necessary to protect our legal rights, or for certain business requirements.
We will delete your personal information when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or upon your request, subject to exceptions as discussed in this Statement or under applicable law, contract, or regulation.
If you use our mobile application, you can delete your account by submitting a request to email@example.com or by deleting your account through the application itself.
Our Commitment to Data Security
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take various reasonable organizational, administrative, and technical measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. If required by law to do so, we will notify you and/or the relevant supervisory authority in the event of a data breach.
However, we cannot and do not guarantee complete security, as it does not exist on the Internet.
Third Party Links
Journal My Health’s Services may contain links to third-party websites. When we provide links, we do so only as a convenience and do not endorse any products or services and are not responsible for any content of any third-party website or any links contained within. It is important to note that this Statement only applies to Journal My Health’s Services. We are not responsible and assume no responsibility for any personal information collected, stored, or used by any third party as a result of you visiting third-party websites. We also advise that you read the privacy notice of any third-party websites you choose to visit carefully.
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. Our Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18 without verification or parental consent, we will immediately delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
This Statement may change from time to time. We will post any changes to this Statement on this page, and you should check these terms when you use the Services. Your continued use of the Site constitutes acceptance of the most current version of this Statement